Transform your meeting room into an atypical room
The meeting room is the place where the major decisions concerning the social life of the company are debated, and where the creativity sessions are linked. Because it must be conducive to imagination and concentration, it must reflect a certain dynamism that is out of the ordinary. The whole thing is to make your activities fun to stimulate your collaborators. No more white monotonous walls without character, an impeccable carpet and, even if they are comfortable, some furnitures lacking in originality. Be inventive and friendly. Switch your classic meeting room into an atypical room without making heavy investments ! How to transform your old meeting room? Here are some tips that will certainly help you to have an unusual space.
Say goodbye to impersonal white walls
According to scientific studies, colors stimulate creativity and favor individual and team work, usually the green. If you plan to redesign your old meeting room in an original location, it’s time to put colors on the walls. No need to paint all or part. Choose colorful accessories that will put a good mood and give another face to the walls.
Hang some pictures on the wall !
This is an original idea that will put color in your meeting room. In addition, by creating an ambiance and a decoration like at home, you encourage your employees to be imaginative during brainstorming sessions for example (ideal to find the name of a new product, a slogan …)
A wall that is colourful for atypical meetings
There are several ways to energize the walls:
• Post posters, stickers, graffiti or logos from your company. If you have a team of graphic designers, ask them to create a poster that matches your brand and the image you are carrying.
• Paste original and positive phrases, quotes that stimulate reflection, your slogan using different characters and colors.
• Put wallpapers and trompe-l’œil to brighten the walls
• Install a flipchart stickers to facilitate creative meetings (brainstorming, training …). Another alternative: a blackboard with chalks for the greatest pleasure of all those who know how to keep their child’s soul.
Diversify the floor
If there is one element that characterizes old meeting rooms, it is the floor in carpet beige or red. This “fashion” is completely outdated. To keep up with the trend of atypical meeting rooms, the floor features offset looks.
For this, different options are available to you, and the most original is undoubtedly a grass floor. Depending on the work session you are organizing, you and your staff will be able to sit directly on it to energize and make your work meetings fun.
Think back to the layout of your meeting room
Your meeting room is made up of ergonomic, trendy and ultra comfortable furniture? And if you change to get out of the ordinary? By modernizing or completely changing style, training, meetings … will no longer be considered as a chore by many of your employees:
• An unusual room without chairs or table is more and more adopted by many companies. This shortens the meeting times. And the shorter it is, the more your employees are motivated and inclined to come up with good ideas.
• Roller chairs are also another option for an atypical meeting room. This is an original way to modulate your space.
• You can also opt for vintage furniture (the 50’s are making a comeback), mismatched (in different colors) to create ambiance and break the mass effect.
• Sofas and even swings are also furniture to adopt to turn your classic meeting room into an atypical room.
• Think about design rolling panels to play with spaces.
Put green plants to illuminate the room
In addition to bringing color into your meeting room, green plants give character. In addition, as mentioned above, green promotes creativity. The more there is, the better the atmosphere.
• In vases installed on the meeting table, they bring a playful touch and invite to the good mood
• In stylish pots and flower boxes that you will install anywhere, especially at the corners of the walls or suspended from the ceiling, they add a breeze of exoticism. Your employees will have the impression of working outdoors and their concentration will be boosted.
Do not forget decorative and practical accessories
You won’t be told enough, decorate your meeting room as your home. This initiative will give an informal atmosphere to your collective work sessions.
• Choose original and colored suspensions if the room is not lit in natural light
• Install light garlands for a warm atmosphere
• Install sparkling cushions on sofas
• Put games that stimulate creativity on colored consoles: magazines to cut, lego, playmobile … They are especially useful during brainstormings!
• Install coffee machines, water fountains and a refrigerator to soften the meeting hours.
In short, think of all the little things useful during the coworking sessions.
Do not forget the high-tech tools
In the digital age, video projector, XXL flat screen, interactive board, magnetic post-its and other computer equipment are equipment that are an integral part of the layout of an atypical meeting room. In addition, they will facilitate meetings.
Name your meeting room
It is the tendency of the moment to put an end to the impersonal and banal meeting room. Preferably, give him a playful or themed name in accordance with the decoration. This simple little tip will allow you to have a unique workspace. All your collaborators will be pleased to work in the multicolored room, orange, Louis XVI …